Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Salad, Please. (With Lettuce)

So, Megan and I go to Subway today for lunch and procede to order a salad. A (very cute) guy takes our meat and cheese order, then slides the salad bowls over to the vegetable/side girl.



The conversation between Megan and this girl, early 20s, is as follows:

"What vegetables would you like?"

"A few Bell Peppers, please."

The girl picks up a few bell peppers and places them in the lid of the salad bowl and looks back up at Megan.

"Is that it?"

"Um, yeah. Just bell peppers."

"You don't want any lettuce?"

I couldn't help but laugh out loud! Really? No, no, no! Who eats lettuce with their salads these days?!

I give her (kinda) the benefit of the doubt and assume its been a long day, so far, and the lunch rush just left... Between Megan's order and mine she takes a few seconds to get a few sandwiches out of the toaster oven.

She finally turns to me and says, "What vegetables would you like?"

I go through my long list of vegetables...I like all/most vegetables on my salad. I forget to mention that, yes, I would like lettuce with my salad. Not really, I just wanted to see if, really, she had no doubts...or doubts...that lettuce is a part, a HUGE part, of a salad.

"Lettuce?" She askes me.



"Yes! I'd like lettuce, please...with my salad, but on the side."

If there could be only ONE ingredient on/in a salad...it would be LETTUCE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment