Monday, November 7, 2011

A Month of Thanksgiving

One thing I have never been good at (I know...took me awhile to find one) and that costed me many, many A's in school was the proper order of bibliographies.



Poor Mrs. Borel, my 5th grade English teacher. She worked tirelessly to try to pound into my head the format and puntucation and all that good stuff, but never did it really sink in.

Now-a-days, these spoiled kids (including myself now) have the free services of the internet at our finger tips (cliche' - yes! I know it is, Mr. Hall!)! Thank goodness, right?!

Among a ton, I have found one that works 100% for me and require little to no work at all, really. And thats ----> bibme.org <---- (Sorry, the college computer won't allow me to insert a link...weird)

Especially the citing from a website feature. All the work that is needed is to open two tabs, 1. for bibme.org and 2. for the site you want to cite (haha). You'll highlight the internet address and paste it into the blank spot on bibme and VIOLA! Literally, everything is done for you. The site, the media, the publish date, the author (if applicable), even the date sourced!

What an amazing world...internet world, that is!

It even does graphs and tables. Just type in your information and what kind of visual you'd like and BAM! There it is!

You do have to sign up for an account (I think its free) to print it or move it directly to a Microsoft program, but if you're smart (like me) you can do it without getting an account. You'll just have to retype it onto your document.

Of course, I'm back to talking about the stupid bibliographies! (It puts it in the right order and such.)

Enough on English...

No comments:

Post a Comment