Monday, March 26, 2012

Up Above The World So High!

Sunday night was an amazing night! I had sticky fingers for my Grandpa's old fiddle and asked him if I could drag it out from the back of the closet. (Not so) suprisingly, he allowed us to!!

He let Megan and me "fiddle" with it (hahahahaha!) for a time then taught us to listen to the notes being played as we drew the bow over the strings. And he taught us/we taught ourselves to play Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.



Watching his face light up as he saw our faces light us as we got each note correct was beyond words! For the first time, I'm sad to say, in a long time, I saw him completely happy! And I do have to mention that I know for a fact that Grandma was in that room with us, if not many more family members who have passed on, listening to our little "jam" (if it can be called that) session.

Next lesson ----> we'll learn Maiden's Prayer, one of Grandpa's favorite. Then, he'll teach me to play In The Pines and Megan will learn a song of her choice.

Though Grandpa is a cause of anxiety in my life, he sure is a blessing in my life as well. More of a blessing! Much more of a blessing that a burden! Much more! I do love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment