Monday, December 31, 2012

Loosing Weight

Okay, so I've always been a big girl. Maybe when I was like five...I was a healthy, normal 5 year old, but not too long after that I became "Odom-esque."


The weight loss thing has always been either nonexistent or a real struggle.

I am proud to say that I made some reasonable long-term and short-terms goals in loosing weight this year and I have met all of my short-term goals and its looking like I'll be reaching those long-term goals! GO ME!!

I have told NO ONE my weight except two people: Mom and Megan. So, here goes...

I started off on Easter day weighing 340 pounds. My goal was to be under 300 by the New Year and as of about two weeks ago I weighed in at 297!

I think what didn't work in the past was that I made too big of a goal that was really too hard to reach unless I put 215% into it.

I wanted to, at first, loose 100 pounds a year until I reached any where between 125-150 pounds. That'd be about a year and a half. My new goal is to loose no less than 50 pounds a year and if I loose more then groovy! I figured that if I can loose 45 pounds in nine months I can surely loose 50+ pounds in twelve!

I feel better! I look better... better than I did nine months ago, anyway!

I'm so excited to have these new, reachable goals and actually reaching them and feeling really motivated to keep going.

Thank goodness for motivation, right? Thank goodness for March weddings and a Samoan cowboy named Ava Leifi.

One con in loosing weight - the gangsta baggy clothes and the need for a new [SMALLER] wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment