Monday, December 31, 2012

Single Digits

Soooo, since its been at awhile since the countdown clock update, here is the low-down:

Countdown Clock #2:
9 Days!

You know what that means?! In a week in a half I will be engaged!

Countdown Clock #3:
69 Days!

In TWO MONTHS -ish I will be married to the gorgeous, sweet man!

Let me tell you how all this lovey dovey crap started... Okay, its not crap... Like, at all! I'm really digging all this stuff. Its weird being in this story and not just hearing about it.

One Halloween when he was here with his family, his family did a few Samoan dances at the Fall Festival our church holds annually out at Odomville. Up until then I had never officially met him and Mom and I talked about such... So, my dear Mother took me across the plot and said, "Hey, Brother Leifi have you met my daughter yet?" "Noooo..." (In his cute lil way he says it.) "Well, this is my daughter, Emelie." "Nice to meet you," I say. "Nice to meet you," he says. We shake hands and I walk away.

Mom and I go back to the tailgate of my truck and I say to Mom, "Mom, there is something about him..." "Emelie," she says, "he's married. You need to pick out the qualities you like about him and find someone who's single that has those qualities."

Okay... that's what I did.

A year or so later he's alone.

Hhhhmmmmm.... He's out of my league. He's gorgeous. He's foreign. He's (a bit) older. No way he'd go for me.

A year or so later he's still alone.

I drive Mom to church and have a feeling to park on the west side of the parking lot, a place where we used to park when we were kids. I was teaching Primary and Mom was teaching Relief Society - it did not make sense to park where the spirit was asking me to park. I remember getting on the breaks several times to park and thinking "This makes to sense to park here."

But I did park there. I walk through the door on that side of the church and in the corner of the foyer is sitting Ava. (This was October 2011). I said to him, "Well, hello stranger!" And that was it...

Easter 2012 is when all this started... for me. It started that October Sunday for him. He's told me he was praying about going home that Sunday and had just about made up his mind to go. Then I walked in... And I spoke to him... And he knew why he was still in Woodville, Texas.

He was still here for me.

I am so thankful for my Father in Heaven and the promptings He's given me and that I followed those promptings. Look where its brought me. Look where its brought us.

NEVER set aside those promptings. They're given to us for our protection and our happiness! Following that one prompting has changed my entire life!

1 comment:

  1. YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! So incredibly happy for you!

    ReplyDelete