Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The College Experience!

Well, I finally started college! I walked into "remedial" math...totally horrified when I saw who the teacher/professer is... None other than my high school math teacher, Mrs. Terressa Hennigan, Follett now.

So, as she's teaching us to use the homework/assignment program in the computer lab, she asks the question I was waiting for her to ask for two hours, "Why are you in this class?"

"Well," I try to explain, "its been nine years since high school (and formal education) and, um, ten years since Algebra II, and um, yyeeeeeaaahhhhh... I need an easy class to get my confidence up and...well.... so, what have you been up to?"

She suggested I take the ACCUplacer again and see if I can drop the class and get into basic Algebra, at least.

Oh, well...whatever! Higher learning... here I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment