Monday, October 24, 2011

Chronomentrophobia

My English 1301 teacher gave our class an end of year assignment last week. He wants us to write a research paper. It has to be something we are totally not emotionally attached to (example: if we had a family member to die from cancer, we cannot write about cancer) and we have to be totally logical in all aspects of the paper and to persuade our readers to our thesis, (so not just a simple research paper).

After (much) delay, I have my topic. At first I was just going to prove with documented facts that Chronomentrophia (the fear of clocks) was a real mental disorder. But now... I'm making it much more interesting! And my teacher LOVES it!



Now... BASED on documented facts, cases, etc. on Chronomentrophia, I am going to diagnose Captain James "Jaz" Hook. I am going to, in 5 - 10 pages, prove that he was not a madman, but a mental disturbed man.

I am now emotionally attached - does this mean I have to change my topic? I am having so much fun with this!! I'll post the paper when I get it written and by the first of December I should have a grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment