Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween - Ba Hum Bug!

I'm not usually one to spread the holiday cheer. If Cindy Lou Hoo were to be a member of Odomville, I would not be awarded the Holiday Cheer Myster Award, that's for sure! I'll put up a few decorations and what-not for each major holiday, but I'm not one to say "Merry Christmas!" or "Happy Thanksgiving!" or "Happy 4th of July!"

Never really have been...

But anyway. The topic of Halloween and its history has been stuck on my mind for the past, oh,... 2 minutes. The origin of ghouls, skeletons and all that Halloween has its green and orange hands on, I find it kinda interesting.



This blog will not go into all that! You'll have to do your own research!

Total point of this blog is to share my surprise that my newest favorite author is the miracle maker, per se, behind The Halloween Tree. None other than Ray Bradbury.



Mr. Hall, my lovable English 1301 teacher, had us read a short story of his "Summer Rituals," and I remember in high school reading Fahrenheit 451, (which I am, again, reading - LOVE IT!)

Now my OCD has me grabbing for my debit card and searching Amazon.com and eBay, trying to find a decently, held-together copy. Wish me luck!

* By the way, YouTube has a free viewing feature of the full-length cartoon. Pretty neat, if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment