Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Elijah

I've come to the conclusion that Ava's calling in the Family History Center was actually for me!


A doctor I worked with at Dickerson Memorial Hospital passed away at the end of November 2010. Since I found this out he has kind of been on my mind. I told myself that I would eventually gather his information and go to the Temple and have his work done. Never felt any real excitement or urgency there. I did feel, though, that this alone was not enough. And (stupidly) didn't know any more to do.

I was telling the history to someone about the abandoned hospital in Jasper that Dr. Joe founded and named for his late wife, Mary E. Dickerson. Then it hit me! SHE wanted THEIR work done!!

She wanted to have their work done so THEY COULD BE SEALED! When this little beauty of a fact hit me I immediately felt excited and anxious and rushed!!

This was a Tuesday (a week ago). I told Ava that I was going to stop by the FHC right after school and find the information I needed to prepare their names for the Temple!

My sweet hubby met me there and within 15 minutes we had all the information we needed! I drove to Mom's house and there we put it all on the Temple Ready program and printed out what we needed to hand to the Temple workers!

Once that was done the rushed feeling eased somewhat. I wake every morning with the thought of skipping school and taking these two sweet names to the Temple. Ava and I are going with the Youth to the Temple in a week and a half. Their work will be done then.

Dr. Joe, I love you and miss you. Mrs. Dickerson, I've never met you, but your husband spoke of you often and reverently. Don't worry. You're ordinances will be done very soon.

Thank you (Spirit of) Elijah. Thank you.

1 comment: