Monday, November 23, 2009

My Shoe Dream

So my dream starts out where I'm walking around my house, doing whatever) and I'm wearing my nice brown sandals. Well, they're nice, but worn-out and starting to fall apart. As I'm walking the shoes just come off. Almost like I was walking too fast and the momentum just takes them off my feet.

I look down to see where they've gone and they're sitting right next to a pair of newer ones. Exactly the same style, only these are black and are brand new. I sit on the floor and put my old ones on, thinking, "Okay, I'll wear the other ones later." I start to walk again and the same thing happens. I look down to pick them up and put them back on only I decide I'll wear one of my old shoes and one of the newer ones. They newer ones are just as comfortable and just as pretty, so I start walking around the house again.

The old sandal comes off and the newer one stays on. In a little bit of frustration I finally discard my old (but very faithful) sandals and start to wear the newer ones. I then discover that in the long run they are WAY more comfortable and last a lot longer.

I'm one of those "crazy" people that most dreams really tell or try to tell you what you need to hear. This dream, I've decided, that I need to let go of the past, my comfort zone, my rut and move on to better "shoes." In the long run, I think this path Heavenly Father has me on will prove to be more comfortable and, in the long run, last longer and keep me happier.

Thanks Heavenly Father...for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment