Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Wonderful Weekend...Mostly

I am so dead-gum sleepy! I guess I'm like my great Aunt Sylvia - when the moon is high/bright we can't sleep. Saturday was such a spiritual day and spiritual days really get me feeling like I need to recharge. We did Ashlei's Temple work Saturday and had the opportunity to take Jace with us. He was excited and we've been talking, lately, of going to the Temple. He recognized it before I could tell him we were there! He's such a special little boy. He listens and takes in all the information you give him, especially about the church.

He knew we had to whisper when we were inside the Temple and he knew he wasn't supposed to run on the grounds and play in the fountain, though I said he could so I could get a cute picture, (which will be posted pretty soon...keep forgetting my camera in various random places).

Anywhoozers...then Sunday was spiritual/exhausting. Jace wanted to stay the night with Mom and Dad and I knew it was a mistake. He seems to not get to bed until the wee hours of the morning AND we had church at 9am. Plus, he was sick... So, I had a 3 1/2 year old who was super whiney!! Everything would bring tears and a "hold me." "What do you want for breakfast Jace?" "WAAA!! I don't want breakfast?" "What quiet toys do you want to bring today?" "WAAA!! No toys!!" Eeeerrrrrr.... And to make it worse, when I got him home and down for a nap, Heber and Angel came by to get him and have dinner with us, and was awaken early - about 1 1/2 hours early. I love my brother and I know he hasn't seen Jace in a week, but seriously...let the baby sleep! Jarom came by to wake him up and I told him, "Watch! You wake him up and he'll say something about me!" So he let him sleep, but after 3 visits from Jarom, 1 from Megan, 3 phone calls from Dad and 2 from Mom, I finally gave in and woke the poor kid up.

And what did my goober brother say? "He's only been here a week and you've got him spoiled!" I've kept my mouth shut all my life. (One of those, if its not true don't worry about it, kinda things.) Well I spoke up immediatly, "No, Heber. I've had a sick kid for the past week, he got very little sleep last night AND he was got up early from a much needed nap. That's why he's whiney."

Anyway, this is not gonna be a gripe blog...but it does seem Heber has insecurities about his fatherhood/Jace/and me.

Anyway...again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucky Joe's 7th baby has arrived!!! On tax day, April 15th. A beautiful red dun/sorrel little filly. I'll get pictures of her up soon, too!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fixin to sign up for a few classed through Angelina College out of Jasper - gotta start back slow on this schooling thing. Pretty excited and ready to get the ball rolling!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spent a good few minutes at the Cemetary Sunday with Jace and Jarom. They always give some little gift at church to the mother's that the Primary kids pass out and this year they had carnations. We had Jace grab one for his Mom and we had him place it where he wanted it at Ashlei's gravestone. He enjoys going there. He knows his mama's not there, but he "talks to her" and tells her what's he's been up to. And he'll rearrange all the flowers and stuff around the grave stone the way he wants it. I want it to be a place where he can feel peace - I think he does!

No comments:

Post a Comment