Friday, May 7, 2010

I'm Not Racist...Really!

Okay...let's start slow...

I love all people and by "all people" I really mean all people! As a group, ALL people are wonderful, its when you narrow a group down to the individual where the trouble starts.

I posted a comment on facebook the other day. One of those "...if you agree, you will repost..." I normally don't because of all the gripe I get, but I did this one because I totally agree. Something like, "If you cross the North Korean border illegally, you'll get 12 years in prison, if you illegally cross the Afganistan border, you'll get shot and if you cross the American border illegally you get a job, a driver's license, government paid health care and social security."

I know with all the hulla baloo with illegal Mexicans, this post was created... I really don't care if you are Mexican, Brazilian, Egyptian, Chinese, Turkish or British... if you come to America ILLEGALLY, you need to (in the VERY least) be sent home!

One young gentlemen put in his two cents..and this is America and he has every right to it (which is why I didn't delete it)... that American envokes desires in other countries people to want to come here, or something like that. GREAT! WONDERFUL! I'm all about "bring us your poor, your hungry, you huddled masses burning to breath free." But when you come here, illegally, you are breaking the law. You are creating, for yourself, the problems you will have when you are caught. I know, personally, TWO illegal immigrants. They are a mother and daughter and are the sweetest, most hard-working pair of people I know! But they are here illegally.

Because I want a big screen TV, can I just walk into a Best Buy and pick one up? Wait...! Wait...! The Best Buy store, with its fancy commercials and because my brother and sister have one, has envoked these desires in me...should Best Buy pay for my TV and me get it for free?! Its not fair...all that does is make the price go up for those who will pay for the TV with their own money, right?

Different scenario...VERY SAME CONCEPT!!

Rules are rules and all should follow them! ALL! SHOULD! FOLLOW! THEM!

Like I said, black, white, yellow, red, brown, purple, green... I really don't care... I don't care...

I know several oriental, mostly from the Philipenes who were given free schooling when they immigrated to America. Free...!! All but one became doctors (the other an RN)! DOCTORS!! Making BIG moolah...BIG! But they were asked to stay in a rural area and help those less fortunate than them instead of returning home for the rest of their lives, (after receiving free American schooling). You know who stayed, helping those less fortunate?! All of them!! "...the least they could do..." I've heard from all their lips.

Now these grants these doctors recieved AS IMMIGRANTS are NOT available to citizens born here in the U.S. of A. That's fine...my American dream is to do things on my own and make something of myself.

The point I'm trying to make is when you come to America illegally YOU close doors on your OWN face. You have to work for cash under the table...which is illegal act #2 and "hide." If you come here legally, many doors are opened to you! You can even get living allowances until you're settled, you can get free schooling... heaven forbid, though, you'll have to pay taxes of "huge proportions" to those who are still coming into America illegally, right?! You did it right...as your punishment for following the rules, let's give Jane Doe free prenatal care for the last month of her pregnancy, so when she has the baby at an American hospital, she and the baby will WAMO become legal citizens!

Every choice has a consequence. If you speed you will get a ticket, but wait!... that speedometer said it could go up to 260...darn that care for envoking a feeling of wanting to go fast. Anyway, if you shoplift you will go to jail. If you murder, you will go to prison. If you study for test, you will pass. If you brush your teeth, you won't have bad breath. I don't want to hear your belly-aching when a cop pulls you over for a missing tail light and asks to see your driver's license and finds out you are here illegally and arrests you.

Just like all the precautions that are taken at an airport. I know I have nothing to hide...therefore I don't mind taking off my shoes and socks two or three times to prove it to keep ME safe on a plane. If I had to do it 10,000 times... If I vacationed in...where ever...and got asked to present my legal passport to every single official every half hour for the entire stay...I'm okay with that! THEY are looking out for THEIR people and that's nothing but right!

No comments:

Post a Comment