Tuesday, September 18, 2012

MyFitnessPal

This program has become my new "pal."


I've been honest with myself as far as working out goes, but the food part has [always] been an issue for me. (The first step in recovery is to admit, right?!)

This program (myfitnesspal.com) can be run from your phone through an app or from the computer.

It's FREE!

It's EASY!

And...its working!

I can eat anything I want, but its making me accountable at the end of the day...or sooner. If I want a big bowl of cheese dip and chips for lunch - that's cool, but to make sure I don't go over my calories by the end of the day, I may have to have a salad for dinner.

You start by opening your profile - the usual stuff; profile name and password, name, age, gender. Then the "hard" part - your current weight, your goal weight, and then how many pounds you'd like to loose a week.

Most foods are already in their database, just look them up, adjust the servings, if needed, and click "add." If not, then you can scan the barcode on whatever it is you have and *BOOM* there it is! Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment