Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Forbidden Fruit

A topic that has been on my mind today as been temptation. For the past five months I've been dealing with a brand new form of temptation, one that I've NEVER had to confront before - EVER! And it gets a bit more complicated than just..."that."


In this five months I've learned that:
1. Satan tries every single angle to get one to sin. Rationalizing is just ONE way! Just ONE "SIMPLE" way!
2. Even good, righteous people are tempted and sometimes give in.
3. One should never judge another for their sins simply because they are they're own weaknesses/strengths, some are similar to your own, but some are very different.
4. Those who do sin (all of us, duh!) - the should never be blanantly pointed out by one whose sins are not so obvious.
5. One should never be openly ridiculed by one's sins.
6. (to wrap up 4 & 5), this should never be done to make one feel "better" about themselves, no matter how low YOU feel and how much the spot light is on you!


Yes! Yes, I do wonder all the time about it! I wonder about a lot of things! Why me?! Why not me?! Some questions have been answered and NOW I'm like, "Oh! Okay! I get it now!" And because of this...the questions still needing answers I KNOW will eventually receive that same answer. ("Oh! Okay! I get it now!") So, as far as that (simply more than "that") temptation goes - it'll come...eventually...in the Lord's time...just like all the other questions I've asked and gotten the RIGHT answer for.

Good?

Better?

Best?

Notice that best came two answers after good. I want the best, not just good! I'm willing to wait... I'm a pro at waiting!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya Sista! It doesn't get easier either! :( You just get different temptations!

    ReplyDelete