Thursday, November 1, 2012

"The Baby Maker"

Getting this quilt going has been so much fun! All I can envision is my future husband and I under this quilt - NO! Not that! - talking about our day, cuddling, and just spending quality time together as friends!

This is the first square I got done. It took me fer-eva to decide which order, if any organized order, to do the colors. I like the brown in the middle.

And this is the first ten square sewn together. Total this quilt will be those ten squares by ten squares.

I got a second set up ten squares sewn together last night. Only eighty more to go! I started to sew those two strands of ten squares together and had a feeling to pin it. I've been sewing for so long that about 97% of the time I don't need to pin.

All I can say is that I should have listened to that voice... By the time I got about 3/4 of the way through sewing those strips were a bit... off. Thank goodness for seem rippers, right?!

But, I have to say, this is one of my most favorite quilts I've made/am making! It might be the "who its for" thing though.

No comments:

Post a Comment