Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Visions of Sugar Plums

After discovering that the tacking part of the quilt had to be done outside and finding that out so late, I had to unpin about half of the massive quilt (which couldn't even fit fully on the frames) and bring it inside the house. With a busy week at school coming up I put off working on the quilt until the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, hoping that I would have it ALL done by the very next morning (if not sooner) because Ava was to spend all day in Odomville.

I got started at nine Wednesday morning!

Here is the quilt back up on the frames.


The first tack!


Most of it done!


I got it all done Wednesday except sewing the hem.

Ava walked in Grandpa's house Thursday morning when I was about half way done with the sewing.

Rounding the last curve!


ITS ALL DONE! Because of the size of the king size flat sheet that I used as the bottom of the quilt, I had to take off one row and one column. So its only 9 x 9. Still HUGE, though!

I LOVE IT!


I cannot wait until Christmas when he open it!



No comments:

Post a Comment