Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Grates

Catching up on the Days of Thanks...


To start - I LOVE Dr. Seuss and on "Horton Hears A Who" one of my most favorites lines is right at the end... Let me back up... at one part (this part (the picture above)) is when the Mayor of Whoville is talking to his son, JoJo, telling him that he, basically, has a great responsibility to become one of The Greats. What I really think he's saying, and not to JoJo, is that HE, the Mayor, has a responsibility to become one of the Greats and HE is the one who is having trouble finding HIS Great.

I say this because at the end JoJo tells his father, "Dad! You're one of the Greats!"

Anyway... kinda a bit off track.

Anyway, (again)...

To catch up on my Greats:

Day 2:
Today I'm thankful for this beautiful earth. The wind, the rain, the sunshine, the critters and even the people! Gorgeous creations by our loving Father in Heaven! Amazing artist He is!

Day 3:
Today I'm thankful for the Gospel! The knowledge that families can be together forever and that (soon) I will be sealed to my eternal companion for time and all eternity. We have such a loving Heavenly Father!

Day 4:
Today I'm thankful for my calling in Primary. Those kiddos we have, every single one, are such choice little spirits. I love each one so very much. And I'm thankful that my soon-to-be niece, Lesina, came to church with Ava and me! She is a wonderful, beautiful little princess. I love her so, so much!

Day 5:
Today I'm thankful for each one of my siblings. Heber, Angel, Sarah, Kevin, Megan, and Jarom. Each one I've learned from and have NEVER taken them for granted (in my adult years anyway). I love yall so very much!

Day 6:
Today I'm thankful for answered prayers and unanswered prayers! More blessings came to Ava and me yesterday...

Day 7:
Today I'm thankful for an understanding best friend who has supported me in every decision I've had to make for myself and for all the decisions he's helped me make so far. Ou te alofa ia te oe Fatu Suamalie!

Day 8:
Today I'm thankful for my critters! They've filled a void that needed to be filled...

Day 9:
Today I'm thankful for having the knowledge that families have the opportunity to be together forever and not just til death! So excited that I will have the amazing chance to go to the Temple to make sacred covenants with my loving Heavenly Father soon! And to be sealed for time and all eternity to a wonderful, righteous man!

Day 10:
Today I'm thankful for two countdown clocks that have been slow yet steady in counting down the time. SOON..."real" things will start to happen!

Day 11:
Today I'm thankful for the gift of revelation in all its forms... For the inspiration received by the Prophet of the world, Pres. Thomas S. Monson. For the inspiration I receive in trying to keep my life on the same path the Lord has picked out for me! I'm thankful to know that feelings of hate, contention and misery come from satan and feelings of peace, love and true joy come from our Savior!

Day 12:
Today I'm thankful for my BFF, my Fatu, my life, my love, Ava. The sacrifices he makes to make me happy! I can't imagine things getting any better, but the cool part - they will...they are!

and, Day 13:
Today I'm thankful for my friends at school! Jerry, Sarah, Shylee, Brooke, Chris, Frida, Brittney, Portia, Tamar, Macie, Cameron, and Kimberly!

No comments:

Post a Comment