Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Letter From Elder Odom

-----Original Message-----
From: Jarom Odom
Sent: 10/16/2012 5:07:35 PM
To: nrsbj1999@hotmail.com
Subject: What's UP!

Dear Mom and Dad,

I will go ahead and say that the first day was extremely harrd! Going to sleep that night was tough and that's when it really hit me hard. Right before I left, Elizabeth gave me a letter she wrote to me the day before I entered the MTC. That letter made all of my fears go away and I felt peace. When you get a chance, or every chance you get, thank her. Thank her for me and for everything because she is truly an angel and her letters keep me focused and happy not distracted and homesick. The language is coming by very good. I know more Tagalog in the past week than I know spanish for two years. I can say prayers in Tagalog by heart and say my testimony. I can understand Tagalog and im getting the locig behind the pattern of sentence structure. I'm doing veryy good. I have two companions and we stay in a room called the Celestial Room because its biig and nice and its the only one like it with wood walls. One is Elder Slater from Utah and the other is Elder Clarke from New Zealand. His acsent is so cool. He says American Lolis instead of candy. I love my district and we have more fun than anyone else. Every other district and even the Branch Presidency comes to our classroom to have fun and hear STORY TIME! We have story time all the time. I just figured out how to get on here so forward this email to everyone. Tell Elizabeth to keep sending those letters and that my Branch President, President Anderson, married his girlfriend that completely waited for him. Everyone is so jealous of my relatonship with Lizzie. I know of only two other people here that has the same thing going on. I need an electric razor, money on my card, and a manicure kit. Other than that im good. Tell everyone that I love them, Mom, Dad, Emelie, Ava, Heber, Angel, James, Aubrey, Jace, Kevin, Sarah, Claire, Lindon, and Megan. I play a lot of basketball and I bench the most of anyone. I did 250lbs 15 time!! now I'll say a prayer in tagalog.

Ama po namin sa langit. nagpapasalamat po kami para sa mng pomilya namin. paki-basbasan po ninyo kami na marandaman ang espiritu santo. sa pangalan ni jesucristo amen.
Dear heavenly father. please bless our familys. please bless us to feel the spirit. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

SEND ME LETTERS!!!!!!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I NEED AND WAAAANT THEM!!!!! SALAMAT!!!-THANK YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment