Tuesday, October 9, 2012

[Sew] - A Needle Pulling Thread

Since I love making quilts and I love my sweetheart, I figured I could join my two loves! I'm going to make my Fatu a quilt for Christmas. I have just under three months to design/make the pattern/put together/finish this king size, literally, quilt. I got this!

I asked him his three top favorite colors... I already knew that blue (which is mine, too. Uncanny how "connected" we are, right?) was his numero uno fave. He also likes black and dirt brown. I thought I'd make a quilt with 12" x 12" patches and those patches will be 4" x 12" stripes of navy blue, dirt (aka cowboy) brown, and black. One corner going vertical and the next going horizontal. (Pictures of design, hopefully, will be posted along with progression).

I'm so excited. Not only that I'm making another quilt and that its for him, but this will be the quilt that we will eventually share as husband and wife - very Little House on the Prairie, I think!

So, I go into Wal-Mart (with HIM, no less) and look at material. WHAT?! Like $5 a yard for PLAIN, SINGLE COLORED MATERIAL?! Really?!

I great idea from my Aunt's mother: buy flat sheets for the material instead... Compared to in price? WWAAAAAAAAYY cheaper! Like, WWAAAAAYYYYY cheaper! And 98% of the time the material is of a better quality!

Keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment