Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Le Quilt

Here is the short-hand design for the quilt I'm making for dear Ava.


If its in any hard difficult to understand...yeah, 'cause it is. The thoughts that go into designing a pattern for a quilt, for my anyway, are totally abstract and often make no sense until I start actually cutting out the pattern inself.

There are three colors, as explained earlier: brown, navy blue and black. Because of the bottom piece of fabric (a king size flat sheet) I've had to make the squares 10" x 10" and the stripes of color in each square 3-ish" x 10". And the entire quilt will be 100" x 100".

I got all the black and brown stripes cut out - 100 OF EACH! For me, cutting out the material itself is crazy boring! I try to imagine starting the sewing part of the quilt, or tacking it, or FINISHING it, or using it to try to keep me motivated... Let's just say, cutting out the material takes me FER-EVA!

Time wise, this one is coming along nicely, though.

Proud of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment