Thursday, October 11, 2012

An Answered Prayer

FYI - this is extremely personal info. I know you're thinking, "Then why put it on the internet?" Well, hardly anyone reads my blogs and I love to "journal" and those who do read this are my closest friends and probably know some or all of what's going on anyway. What you read here, again, is private. Please, do not talk amoungst yourelves. This stays between me and you. Not, you and you, ok?

So when that blessing I got from Dad and Pres. Livingston said that things would be "...taken care of soon." It really meant, like, soon!

(Thought this was funny)

That blessing was given on Sept 30th, the appointment with the new lawyer was yesterday, the 10th. We were in and out in, like, fifteen minutes! She is AMAZING! Where has she been for the past 6 1/2 months?!

I don't know how she feels about publicity, so I won't share her name via the internet, but I am more than willing to share her name privately. If you're curious, just ask me and I'll let you know (private message on FB, text, call, email, whatev').

What we knew before meeting her: she is aggressive, she is good, she is fast

What we know after meeting her: she will not be "drug along", she does not tolerate "difficult people", and she loves what she does and is efficient

After our meeting with her I told Ava that I had not been able to eat all day and I was past hungry. He suggested we go to La Enchilada (gotta tell ya', he gives me what I like). At one point in the meal he got himself tickled and I had to inquire. He was laughing at what I had said/done at the close of the meeting. Story is as follows... She had him sign the job/pay agreement thing and then I asked when things could be started; if we had to pay all the fee now or could payments be made, etc. She said if she could get enough to her now cover the filing fee, then (because it was so late in the day) she would file first thing in the morning and then we could get her paid off within 60-75-ish days. Then I said, "Let me write you a check then!"

Ava said he was laughing at my eagerness. Well, aren't you eager, too, my Love?! Yep...

So, starting today, the 11th, we'll have to wait about 75-ish days and we'll be done and we'll be announcing a Temple date!

I asked, worse case scenario, that if his current wife contested anything, what would the time frame be. She told us that based on what we told her that IF she contested anything she'd have to hire a lawyer and would have to come to Texas with him/her to the hearing in Tyler County. And, again, based on what we told her, she probably wouldn't do that...

Let me say this to those who "talk" - I love my Heavenly Father and this man so very much and it has been more than difficult to behave in such a way that would permit us to go to the Temple to be sealed at the soonest time available; behaving in all shapes and forms. I have waited much too long (about 10 years) to ruin my/our chances of a Temple marriage now! With that being said, we have behaved ourselves and when this thing is done, we will go the the Temple...and you just may not receive an invitation to attend. You'll be more than invited to attend the reception, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment