Thursday, October 11, 2012

Return with Honor


Wednesday was an awesome day!! For one (the second will be posted on a seperate blog) my parent's, along with Elizabeth and Ashley, dropped of Jarom at the MTC in Provo! He'll spend about three weeks there in Provo, then he'll fly to the Philippino MTC for nine weeks.

Then...into the mission field.

Jarom, Ava and I are so very proud of your decision to serve the Lord for these two years! We know you'll do wonderfully and you'll work your hardest. We love you so much. Please let us know if you need or want anything and we'll do our best to help you. Ava mentioned visiting Samoa in the summer of 2014 - maybe we'll "swing" by and pop in on you. That'd be a cool adventure!


I get a text from Dad early Wednesday morning saying that Jarom had his phone on him and to call him soon so we could talk to him one more time before he was dropped off. That whole day (on top of being nervous/excited about our appt) I was so emotional. When I finally felt I had gotten myself under control long enough to speak to him, I made the call... He answered, "Hey..." I lost it! I boo-hoo ed like a baby. He laughed and giggled at me, without making fun of me, and we spoke for less than two minutes about how excited he was. I'm going to miss him so much, but I know the Lord will take care of him and be with him...and us...for this time.


I told him to try not to intimidate those little Philippino people too much. And to write me back...

Return with Honor little brother.

Return with Honor Elder Odom.

No comments:

Post a Comment